2/14/11

I Heart VD

February is almost half over... can you believe it? What an intense month! I desperately miss the days of sleeping in, eating full meals while sitting down, going to bed before 2:00 am, and blogging regularly. Creativity is a forced effort in most of my classes, since deadlines are the main goal. Sitting in a room for 2 hours, racking your mind for anything remotely unique, is positively exhausting!

But there are bright spots in my uncomfortably choked schedule. Today is Valentine's Day. I LOVE Valentine's Day!
Being single and 20-something, I am naturally supposed to hate this holiday. I learned quickly that being a VDay spokeswoman among a bunch of single, 20-something girls will earn you a wide range of responses: scowls, condecending "she'll grow up someday" attitudes, and sympathy for my childish innocence (don't I know that Valentine's Day is the monster created by men to rub rejection in the faces of their former lovers? Don't I??).

Nonetheless, I refuse to hide my joy. And I am here to give you reasons. I hope you can appreciate them, single or taken... But especially if you are single. Being bitter won't make love come faster.

1. Chocolate. Everywhere. And in such creative packages!



2. Roses. Also everywhere. Even Walmart smells better.





3. Pink clothes, pink food, pink decorations, pink appliances, pink paper, pink hair...


4. Love. It's all around you. If you don't have a special someone right now, watch and learn.





5. Any excuse to wear pastel dresses, flouncy skirts, delicate tops, and lacey lingerie.



Think romantically,
-B.
PS: BHLDN launches today, in case you needed one more reason!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...